Monday 16 February 2009

2 posts in one day! (it's down hill now!)

Well it's official we now have less days to start drinking than since we've stopped!! As expected it's become harder to stay strong! I said this would happen. I knew it would because when I quit for a month the first 2 weeks were easy but the last 2 got harder as the count down began. What I quite like is that my wife also feels that way. I think it's easier to do things as a team and if we both feel that way I really think it will stop us lapsing as the other one isn't acting superior and saying 'it's easy' etc.

It's funny though, although I'd like a brandy or scotch, I'm just not interested in getting drunk anymore. Perhaps it's because the memory of what it's like fades and is replaced by the reality of what others look like drunk. It probably doesn't help watching shows like 'booze britain'. I really do wonder if my born again tea total (ish) attitude will last for long after August??

No comments: