Monday 15 June 2009

Wedding in Cyprus (in an all inclusive hotel)

I've just arrived back from my brothers wedding in Cyprus. We changed our hotel at the last minute to an all inclusive which started people commenting on the alcohol again. Even when I explained it was about the hotels location and facilites, they would still go on and on.

I have to admit I was tempted once. This as made worse because so was my wife (who has now become very anti-alcohol in responce to other people telling her to just give up giving up,, and also seeing them drunk). It was the first day of the holiday and we arrived at 6am. We were round the pool by 9 and that's when we started talking about if we were doing the right thing. I think it all comes down to new experience. We were only tempted because we hadn't yet been on holiday (especially all inclusive) while not drinking. My wife said if they sold pink champagne in the hotel then she would like to drink. Although I agreed, I didn't run off to check, I just waited until 2pm when I passed the inside bar. When I was about to ask my wife started having doubts so I said 'right, we keep going then'. I think we would have both been really dissapointed if we hadn't made the year. The holiday was great and I didn't miss alcohol at all from that point (you can torture yourself if you dwell on these things, and let's face it, it's only alcohol).

At the end of the week was the wedding which had a free bar put on by my brother and his wife! You have to laugh ;-)

I've got loads of new 'not drinking stuff' coming up in the next month and a bit (before the year is over). I'm at a stag do, at a concert on the edge of a cliff, and I've got a wedding...and that will be interesting as it's wedding hangovers that kind of started this in the first place!!

No comments: