Wednesday 28 January 2009

Bargaining with the devil...

Recently its been tougher than the initial few months. We've had a lot to contend with and sometimes it would be nice to have a few beers to unwind. I found myself saying the other day 'if 'x' happens then im having the day off the challenge' and I really meant it. Now 'X' is a good thing and so really there is no reason to drink as that news would be enough so I can only assume in a moment of weakness I was giving myself an excuse to break with the challenge...bad me, bad!
I have been thinking about that final day though...Its a Friday (7th August) and Ive been thinking about doing it one of two ways....getting very very drunk and videoing it for your amusement, or just having a civilised glass of wine with a meal. Long term I really want to stick to the civilised option but it might be some fun to do the former...I'll have earned it! Although I will be staying home that day as I suspect 2 beers and Ill not be able to walk!!
I have to admit its been like quitting smoking. First month I thought about it alot, next 4 or 5 were fine (it never fully left my mind on weekends because we were in pubs etc but it was fine) and now after nearly 6 months its been tougher. I suppose the only reason I dont is I hate to loose ;-)

No comments: