Friday 16 January 2009

Its not been a good new year so far...it better get better thats all I can say!

Without going in to any detail I dont think I've even felt more stressed than I do right now. Im a pretty laid back person and I think thats why I dont often get stressed but hardly a minute goes by over the past few weeks that I haven't felt stress. I have to admit that if ever I was going to be tempted to have a drink early (i.e. before August 09) it was going to be the past few weeks. Ive even started to crave cigarettes! Ive not had a cigarette for over a year and a half and I've been tempted to start smoking this week. Its only because I've read Alan Carr's book that I know I wouldnt get anything out of it. The 'relief' I remember from having a cigarette was only relieving the physical addiction and since i dont feel that anymore theres little point...thanks Alan! Hope you enjoy it up there!
As for drinking I must admit there have been times I've thought 'stuff it'. I mean its not like I'm an alcoholic and I only entered into this whole thing light-hearted, but the problem is I'm stubborn and I dont think I could quit quitting if I wanted to...I'd feel like I'd let myself down too much. I think my stubbornness is the reason I know everything is going to be ok in the long run. I'll just keep plodding on until I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and things return to normal in my life...I like normal!
I spoilt myself the other day and bought an xbox 360. The money we save on alcohol makes me not feel too guilty about it. We got 'Lips' the karaoke game. Normally I would never sing in public when drinking as I know what a fool I'd look, however like most things when sober...if you choose to look a fool then its not so scary so I've had a great laugh playing it with my wife and my friends.

No comments: