Thursday 22 January 2009

Just sat an exam...

I'm just updating via my iPhone today as I'm on a train coming back from an 'ITIL' exam in London. I'm so glad I'm not drinking because I know I'd have had a bottle of wine or at least a few beers! Instead I spend 8 hours watching a training package on the subject and since I'm currently wondering if I scraped a pass, I think it's best I spent my time revising and getting a proper sleep. I'm fact should I pass, I'll have to say that I would had failed for sure if I'd had a drink.
Got a funeral tomorrow. It's going to be wierd not drinking at a wake. Feels strange even commenting on it, but that's what people do at a wake and it will feel aquard telling people who offer me a drink why. Perhaps I'll say 'I'm driving...probably will anyway. Drinking aside, it's going to be emotionally tough tomorrow

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I just happened across your blog and wanted to say well done!

I am on day 26 having given up alcohol for 1 month after new years eve. Now I'm thinking I should go for the year?!?

I just got sick of drinking all of the time and, like you, I don't think I'm an alcoholic but it has certainly been a challenge. You are right about it changing social situations, in the pub I struggle to make it past the second "non-drink" without wanting to leave! Restaurants are different though, last week I was at a Turkish restaurant in the West End and I had a right sober laugh!

Anyway, could you tell us about any physical / heath benefits you think you are noticing over time?

I reckon that even mid-week (having not binged all weekend) I am more alert and can concentrate easier.....

DC said...

ouThanks! Its always nice to know people actally read my blog!

This is what I've observed about the physical effects of not drinking:
1st/2nd month. My Skin was horrible which I can only assume is all the rubbish leaving my body

However!...after that my skin has never been so good. I seriously feel about 2 years younger.

Im a generally healthy person anyway so Ive not noticed too many other benifits physically. Emotionally I feel better than ever! Its been tempting at times to give up but the fact I havent makes me so pleased with myself, and im becoming a much more confident person. I'll do so much more now that I would have before! Good luck with your final 4 days!!!

DC said...

Ive just realised what you said about trying for the year. I say go for it mate! What have you got to loose? Keep me posted!!