Monday 5 January 2009

New Year, New Determination!

Well we managed to have a nice Christmas and New Year and I really didnt miss alcohol one bit. There was perhaps once that I thought it would have been nice to drown my sorrows after a few nightmare ish days, but thats hardly a reason to drink even when I drank before this challenge, so its totally no reason to drink now!
On new years eve I really wanted a cigar which I think was more about tradition than my smoking addiction (havent smoked in 1 year 5 months). I think its probably best I didnt have one as its probably a 'gateway' to cigarettes.
A few days ago we went to a neighbours party. Got the usual questions as to why we werent drinking etc etc (we live in a quiet 'middle class' street and they have seen me dancing on the garage roof at one of our parties!). We gave them the abridged explanation of having too many weddings last year and getting sick of drinking and they left it at that. It was a nice night and its always nice to see them as they have been friends for years and always have funny storys to tell. As is becoming the norm we were the first to leave! I also think our not drinking is having a knock on effect to other people. we got asked to a friends house for a night in and although most people couldnt make it I know that if I had have been drinking they would have drank more than the couple of cans they did...Interesting!

No comments: