Monday 27 July 2009

Last wedding during the year off...

I was at a friends wedding yesterday. It was the first (UK) wedding I've been at since we undertook the challenge and it was a fantastic day. We ended up on a table with 2 of our close friends and another couple who weren't drinking because they were driving home after the wedding. I asked the waiter to give me a red wine (as did my wife) so our friends could have ours (which actually turned out to be pointless as their glass never got empty before the waiter filled it up). The smell of the red wine started to make me feel sick so I had to move it in the end. Its so weird because I thought I would still like red wine...apparently not!!
We were smoking at the wedding and we started to get to know the usual crowd outside. One person who was nice enough, started to get really annoying when he found out we weren't drinking. He seemed to think it was going to be tempting to have a bottle of beer waved in my face every 5 minutes. I tried to explain that it was just a way of life now and it might as well be trying to tempt me to eat salad, but as he was drunk he just didn't understand.
We had a brilliant time though and the whole day was gone in a flash. We left around midnight and got home about 1...thanks to lack of sleep I now feel hungover! ;-)

No comments: